RESOURCES AND COLLECTIONS
Currently, the library’s collection in Amman houses over 14,000 volumes covering any topic related to the Hispanic world.
The resources offer a complete and balanced view of history, art, or Hispanic society through different types of documents that can be found in the library such as books, computer files, magazines, DVDs, etc.
The majority of the Library’s collection is in Spanish but there are also books published in Arabic (mostly translations of Spanish or Latin Americans authors) and in other official Spanish languages, such as Catalan, Galician and Euskera.
The sections of Cinematography, Arab World, Al-Andalus and the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language (ELE) stand out for their quality and volume.p>
What can you find in the library?
*Catalogue of translated literature in the Library of Amman.
- Spanish and Latin American contemporary literature.
- Literature in the official Spanish languages: Catalan, Galician and Basque.
- Works of history, art, film, food, law, etc.
- Children’s and young adults´ literature.
- References: dictionaries, encyclopaedias, guides… etc.
- Local collection: Arab World, Al-Andalus, bilingual Hispanics works Spanish-Arabic, Arabic literature translated to Spanish, in addition to Spanish and Latin American Literature translated to Arabic.
- Cultural and actual magazines
- Newspapers and journals (through the Digital Library)
AUDIO VISUAL Materials (DVD)
- Spanish and Latin American movies.
- Documentaries: Art, history, Travel, Food, etc.
- TV series.
- Children's movies.
- Short films.
MUSIC and CDs
- Spanish traditional music.
- Pop-rock from yesterday and today.
- Andalusian music.
- Classical music.
- Spanish and Latin American songwriters.
- Children’s and adult’s music.
- Audio-books from the best authors.
TEACHING RESOURCE CENTER
It is specially designed for students and teachers; it offers a big variety of materials for teaching and learning of Spanish as a foreign language (ELE). p>
The library’s members also have access to the collection of the library, they can obtain documents from other libraries or they can consult digital information scientific and academic through interlibrary loan services and the Digital library.
What can you find in this collection?
- Grammar books and dictionaries.
- Books on Spanish exercises that are adapted to all education levels.
- Books on methods, manual for teaching Spanish, Catalan, Galician and Euskera.
- Audio books.
- A collection of graduated readings at different levels.
- Audio-visual material.
The libraries of the Instituto Cervantes in Spain offer access to its collection of shared information resources and databases that are available for its users.
- Reference: yearbooks, bibliographies, directories, dictionaries, encyclopaedias, etc.
- Bibliographical databases and documents.
- Digital press.
The consultation of the Digital Library is restricted to the members of the Library. To get this service you must have a library membership card. Please contact the Library, in case you don’t have the membership card.
- Vinyl discs.
- Maps and plans.